Wednesday, August 31, 2005

My late little baby brother

I just learnt that I had another little brother but unfortunately,he had died of lung infection.How did I know?My third sister told me about it.Why she told me now?Cuz' she thought that I was aware of that little brother passed away.My mum told us long ago but I really did not know about it.He was very healthy and strong baby when born.He was only 12 days old when he died in 1977.He was a year older than my brother born in 1978.In the olden days,most of wives gave birth at home.When he was born,he actually was given some water and catch a cold but started to develop fever and cough.Then my parents did not think it was serious and who knows it later developed into lung infection.By time,they sent him to hospital,it was too late.Mum said he was very cute baby.Can't imagine how he looks like now.Of course,my parents grieved over that death of their only baby son.A year later,then they were happy to have a boy again but took extra care of him.They also felt bad for me cuz' I got high fever which destoryed my hearing nerves when I was 3 years old.They regretted not to take care of me when I was young.Frankly,I really don't blame them but I am still proud to be deaf :)
Last saturday night,we had a small quarrel with my parents over Kazu who cried non stop and refused to sleep or finish milk.When we put him on the bed,he started to cry very loudly.My parents insisted on putting him in baby cradler to pacfiy him first for a while.We were frustrated due to lack of communication.He slept finally in a cradler.Know what?we tried to coax him from 12am till 4am!My parents are very worried about Kazu especially my dad.

The next morning,he got fever about 38 degree celsius.We had medicine to reduce his fever.But his fever was on and off.We suspected that it could be sore throat cuz' he did not finish the whole milk but only small milk left.So the next morning,my husband and my parents brought him to see doctor at Mount Eliza clinic.I can't take leave due to my busy work for accounts close.It was not serious but only flammation which blocked his breathing tube and that was why he was not comfortable.Thank God for blessing him and he is fine.
Then my younger sister,Jann came to see us and interpreted to us when dad explained to us why he and mum were worried and wanted to make sure nothing happened to Kazu and my niece,Jiselle.That's how I got to know about my late little brother.I understand how they feel when I myself am parent.We promise to take care extra of our baby son.Lastly,I do feel sad for my late little brother who is innocent and wonder how is in heaven.Life has to go on *wet eyes in control*

2 comments:

whiterabbit said...

your story really touched me, even tears in my eyes! I don't think your late brother is in Heaven but actually he is reborn as your brother who is now your youngest in your siblings! God has given him a chance to be reborn and brings joy to your parents after one year misery, that's why your parents favoured your youngest brother. We are more fortunate to live in modern days, our midwives are well-trained by hospitals, we know better how to take care of our babies than old days. It's common to agrue with your parents over a baby. I also had that experience. That's cos parents and grandparents are more concerned over a baby and try their best to coax crying baby. Rest assured Kazu will grow up healthy and strong man!

Anonymous said...

Karen, yes Kazu will be strong and healthy under God protection, Jesus blood covered him, holy spirit will beside him :) Remember God, let things happen sometime, in this time but not our time. I don't even know who are my parents. They dumb me while i'm only 1 day old.Yap family brought me home.But didn't treated me well.Only my grandmother who love me.She passed away 12years ago.God had planned this for me, let me go thru the most painful way, mold me into a strong women and let me see things in life! We must trust him and believe that he will provide.Amen.