Kenichi had been jobless since he resigned Marche's restaurant last May.He don't like the longer working hours and had to work on weekend.He prefers to spend more time with us especially Kazu.He had sending many resumes to companies but never receive them at all.He was really frustrated with those who require communication.Even he don't mind working in Mcdonald with a low pay despite of his high qualification.The manager in Mcdonald at Jurong Point asks him to go to KFC instead and he can find a job.What??!!! How can it be?Why can't he choose any places he likes?I told him not to go to KFC where there are many deaf workers cuz' it's not worth going so far from our house and what's more,his part time job may not cover his transportation and meals.He just wants to see how it is like.He will be going to interview today.Oh,well,wish him luck but I prefer him not to work in KFC.Guess how much? $3.30 per hour!
Yesterday,his application for towel attendant at California GYM was unsuccessful and we both knew it's due to his deafness.Kenichi told me that he submitted his application form and waited for his turn for interview.After a long while,he realised that he is not called so he was mad and asked the lady when his turn was.The lady was stuck and looked unwilling to tell him.Ken was not happy and told her it was not fair to him cuz' of deafness,so he demanded to see the manager.Finally,they discussed it openly.In the end,he is not selected to work in californ gym.So sad to hear that.How many people can accept deaf workers who are able to work harder than others? I really admire him for having guts and fight himself against those look down on his deafness.Even he don't mind working odd jobs.Anyway,he has done his best already.I hope that a good job will come to him one day.We'll pray for his future job soon.Friends,please help to find a job for him if have any vacany jobs.Thanks alot.
8 comments:
Wow so many stories on different days.Interesting.
Look to the brighter side. Maybe Kenichi can be a trainee manager if he is selected in kfc,who knows?
hmm..From what I heard, I thought he found a job to work together with Jonathan.Maybe some wrong information.
Maybe you can try asking him to approach the Assocation or Bizlink or Touch Silent.If I am not wrong,you are landed in a first successful job with the help of Bizlink soon after you graduated.
There is always a sliver lining in every clouds. I am sure your hubby will find a wonderful job anytime.
As you always believe, God will take care of kenichi. Cheers !! :)
Hey Karen,
Do me a favour :) Can you ask Ken to email me his resume. I will help him to forward out to my HR friends, and will see how can i help him. I will discuss with my boss, is there any job, which suit him here. I'm not sure yet! But i will try to help him :)You know who am i, right??
Tell kenchi not to give up looking for job.His efforts will be paid off some day!Work hard!
Tell kenchi not to give up looking for job.His efforts will be paid off some day!Work hard!
Tell kenchi not to give up looking for job.His efforts will be paid off some day!Work hard!
ya, absolutely agree with u! Not only kenichi, my brother is also. He has been gone for interviews many times but most of companies didn't respond, that meant they rejected him cos of deafness. I guess the companies don't open their eyes wide about deafness's ablities. Blizink or SAD are really useless, they sometimes also can't help to find jobs for deaf pple, but depend on their luck, they will find good jobs through them. Why not write a letter to PM Lee directly who is quite attentive to the needs? Or maybe Kenicihi has to be patient till right time comes. Who knows God is testing his patience, will be there to help him soon. keep on his hunting for job and don't give up till successful!
I will continue to help Kenchi as I live :)
He is my good friend hehe!
Miss Kazu very much!
Terence
I will continue to help Kenchi as I live :)
He is my good friend hehe!
Miss Kazu very much!
Terence
Post a Comment