Sunday, August 07, 2005

Nice to hear from my ex-collegaue

Glad to hear from my ex-collegaue,Jeren again!We had kept in touch since she left TDK last year.Of course,I did miss her company and chatting at TDK.A few years ago,she joined TDK and I found her quite pretty but quiet.So I don't bother to talk to her.Mmm...I really can't remember how we started to talk but we hit it off very well immediately after she signed to me.She is very eager to know more sign language,so she went to SAD (Singapore Association for the Deaf) to learn sign language.She is really hardworking and fast learner.Every tues and Friday,I teach her to do sign language during lunch time.I must say I am grateful to God for sending angel to guide me going back to christian and church too.Well,I am also grateful to Jeren who helped to save me from going to "devil" world and God continued to talk to me.She also talked to me about God,thus I always think of God and eager to know about Him and also serve Him if possible.Then she invited me to her home cellgroup in Jurong West and introduced them to me.We shared God's words and feelings towards Him too.Sometimes,we shared some personal problems with our boyfriends.She is still dating her boyfriend now.I must say her boyfriend is indeed lucky to have a such unique and pretty girlfriend cuz' she don't mind that he is quite big and tall.She only believes in character than looks and appearance.He should cherish her well but he trusts her completely.Unfortunately,sometimes,he is very busy man cuz' he has his own IT business.She feels lonely sometimes but God still keeps her company,anyway.She always find her own time to do something useful.She still goes out with deaf friends in order to know more about deaf culture.Surprisingly,she is quite popular with boys,let alone deaf male friends too!
Oh,yeah,my husband told me that he had met her at SADeaf 50th Anniversary party.Her signing improved alot and she can sign well.I could not go due to my confinement that day.Hope we can meet up for longer chat and dinner if we have time.I last saw her at friend's wedding last dec.Praise God for getting me to know Jeren who can share God's words with me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Karen...
How we begin to talk? 1st-i went to pantry room, i asked you where is the spoon, i thought you are having sore throat that's why you cant speak :) 2nd- i met you at pantry again, i said hi to you talk to you, but you shown me a sign that you cant talk?? ha ha...
So, i begin to observed you, hey this girl i never see her "talk".. hmmm, i asked someone, is she "deaf", then i confirmed that you are deaf :) WHEN is my first sign to you?? One night after work,i saw you at bus stop, i just signed to you "home", then you looked so shocked and thought that i could sign, but actually haha only 1 word "home",,, this is how we begin to talk more....

Yes, i believed both you and Ken, can be my judge to see if i improve on my sign :) Because both of you have seen my WORST sign before ha ha :) Remember i told you, i want to sign like a deaf person. To be frank, sometimes when i go out with my deaf friends, i'm lazy to talk and dont mind if others think that i'm a deaf person. Anyway, i believed my house coffeeshop, those workers they must be confused because, sometimes i talk and sometime i sign only with my deaf friends there.. :P haha, they must be thinking is she deaf or hearing, or are they "twin" ?? hee hee

Thank God for this special gift which he gave it to me. The wisdom for me to learn and pick up fast :) Really hope to make full use of it, serve God ministry and to help my deaf friends too!

Yes, we need to meet up for cool dinner okay :)