
I saw the Urban in the Straits Time this morning.I saw this photo and he looks familiar.I realised that it's Terence Lew after reading his short article.I was so happy for him!It's deaf contestant's turn to enter finals in the annual male beauty pageant now.Finally,Terence Lew managed to be shortlisted as the Mister Singapore contestant!!!The pageant finals will take place next year on April 29.Hope that we can give him our full support when we can go there next year.It may look tougher on him to be champion but who knows,he may be first or second runner?
Terence Lew,keep it up and congrats to you!We are so happy for you!Thank you for making us deaf to be proud of you!God bless you!The article in the Urban Straits Times "Hear,Hear"
After Singapore Idol's deaf contestant Lily Goh and Project Superstar's blind champion Kelvin Tan,the Mister Singapore contest now has a hearing impaired finalist.
Software designer Terence Thaddeus Lew (right),27 was shortlisted this month as a contestant in the annual male beauty pageant.
An avid triathlete who also dragon-boats in his spare time,he contracted a fever caused by German measles at age five and lost 70 per cent of his hearing.
Lew tells Urban via email:"My aim is to experience new challenges and learn new things before I get older.I hope to inspire other deaf people and bring glory to the deaf community by representing them in the contest.The pageant may help me realise my long time dream:to enter entertainment industry as I have always wanted to model and act in films"
Alan Sim,president of Mister Singapore Organisation,says this is the first time in Singapore's pageant history that someone with disability is taking part."Beauty comes in all shapes and sizes.There is no reason someone who is hearing impaired cannot be considered beautiful," he adds.
The pageant finals will take place next year on April 29.
4 comments:
*widing my eyes*
Terence!Terence!We so proud of you!!We have full faith and confidence in you that you will be in top 3.
Will be there to lend you my support and see you on April 29th!
Congrats!!
Cheer up for him!
-joysurf
wow wow!!! Terence, u are so great and did us proud of u! We will cross our fingers for u to get in top 3! April 29? No problem, our support will be there for u! cheers!
*jumps and claps* terence,so happy to see you joining in a hot competition.remember to be a cool in front of the judges: D /Diana
Hi Karen, Carolyn, Diana, Joyin and others:,
I am pretty touched by your great support and encouragement that I weep a bit :) It is unexpected and it is quite a sweet xmas present for me. It is like a turning point: I reap what I sow after 3 failures in Star Idol (second round), 50 Gorgeous People 2005(semi finalist) and New Urban Male 2005 (finalist then suddenly replaced due to hearing impairement that will affect the outcome of event).
I since had the phobia of joining more contests as it seemed it is fated for me to lead a normal life. I applied for Mister Singapore 2006 out of fun but I did not turn for audition not only once but twice making the organisers unhappy until the organiser Alan Sim decided to find out why. He realised I am hearing impaired and "scolded" me for lack of confidence and told me about life has ups and downs. He believe firmly in me that I will work harder and he already opened the door for me. I felt bad but I am thankful to him for giving me a special chance. He is very patient in writing without any problems and I kept saying sorry to him. His words left me a big impact. "Be yourself, then people will notice you eventually". Then since I gained confidence eventually; no more phobia to overcome such contests but still phobia to drive lol!
I will represent Bedok (Florida? :P) and I am very happy all of you give me your sweet support and hope i will be in top 3 or 5. I will doubly work harder to train up since my abs is now 6 in 1. :P and also tone up my legs! Of course, must shave...sob!
Gals or guys, I really like to say a BIG THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT and I will bring a nice glory for deaf community regardless I win or not; at least I learn a lot of experience and importantly have fun! Make a nice date in 28/29 April for evening wear competition and grand finals in pavillion, far east square. Anyone can give me tips for nice suit or tuxedo? :) I will be judged on this evening wear using my own suit and others are sponsored. I think I am oldest among contestants but I do not care about it but be myself. I will try my best to shine a lot on that day for you gals :) Love u heaps!
PS: Karen, I will blog about the vain Terence (4 in 1) later :P you win liao haha! I love your blog very much and ignore about negative comments. Your blog already won a best deaf blog! Trust me!
Cheers,
Terence
Post a Comment