Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Maids

I just learnt from my chc friend about her bad experience with a maid but she still wants to hire a new maid already cuz' she needs her maid to do cleaning and doing laundry,etc.she has many things to do.She had already sacked her maid who had been working for 4 years.She treated her son very badly.Her son began to be scared of her now unlike he used to be closer to her before.The maid sends her son to childcare but just walked away and out of sight when he was very scared and started to cry very loudly.What's more,the parent witnessed the incident and informed my chc friend that sometimes,the maid slapped him or pinched him in public after school.My god!He is only 3 years old!Why did she do such thing since her employer treat her very well and trust her so much?Know what?My chc friend and her husband brought her to australia with them for holiday last year.I don't understand why some maids took anything for granted despite they treat her very well.It's really not easy to find a good and trustworthy maid around singapore.As for me,I dare not hire a maid cuz' I heard many bad experience stories from others or newspapers.We should not have maids in the first place.Look at our mothers who have many children but still can manage to take care of children,do cooking,do housework,etc while our fathers were the one only breadwinners and worked very hard to support the whole family.We need to learn from them how to endure hardship and understand how our mothers feel.Thank God for giving me a chance to work outside and my mother can help to look after my baby.I still should not complain that I am very tired whenever go to work in the morning cuz' I had been taking care of my baby every night.I should be glad that my mother is willing to take care of him for me when I go to work in the day.During her age,she should enjoy her good life as much as she can.I give the allowance to her every month plus bonus pay.Hope the maids will be enough honest and hardworking if anybody wants to hire them.

3 comments:

whiterabbit said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
whiterabbit said...

how true... no maid is perfect. Most of them will be homesick, will do something funny things to their employers to hope that they will send them back to hometown. My colleage had experienced with 5 maids through many years but now no longer. She only can say 1 out of 5 maids is good. Among 4 lousy maids, one of them likes to order the most expensive meal when her empolyer asked her what to eat. But she didn't do good job at home. They like to take things for granted. sigh... another friend of mine, Doreen who has 2 kids who are very close age gap, remember her? She is having problem with her maid now. She will tell me a long story when she has time. That's why i don't dare to hire any maid, not only i don't trust them but save my cost not hiring them! Yup, old times, mothers themselves barely could take care of many of us without maids! So we look after only one or 2 kids, we should not complain and should follow our mothers' good examples!

Anonymous said...

oh my god!if not for the parent witnessing,the 3 years old boy will suffer more.hope that boy's fine./DK