Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Bid farewell to my buddy


Yes,it's GayLee who is my buddy and best colleague.It was her last day on last friday (18th april 2008).Of course,I would be sad but happy for her to find a new job with high pay.We had been known each other for 10 years since she joined TDK 10 years ago.We always shared our same views,tastes,topics about work,etc.Sometimes,we go shopping for a while after work.She always takes initiative to interpret for me whenever there is any meetings or annoucements from Boss.She always thought of me.I am really touched and appreciated by her thought.
10 years ago,when she was introduced to me,she first signed to me "Hi".I was surprised to see her knowing sign language.Then she told me that she got to know Jarn May and Shalini when studying polytechinc.No wonder she knows sign language.I am so happy to have someone who knows sign language.I must say that she is better in sign langauge than 2 colleagues in my accounts dept.Even she interpreted for me when we attended "teamwork" course two years ago.The lecturer praised her for her willingness and help to interpret for me :) Of course,we will keep in touch with each other now.I wish her all best in her new job!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How Wendy felt? :P
All the best for Gay Lee's future endeavours.
How can you not count me in for her farewell. haha

Hope she can't lose in remembering Sign language when years pass by.
I think it is certain that both of you always are in touch.

- joysurf

wright-karen said...

Of course,Wendy was also sad and lost her good employee.Even she asked gaylee to think twice again and give her one day to consider the increase pay.Of course,gaylee had really a hard time to think carefully.Finally,she decides to choose her new job over increase pay.What's more,she has ACCA so it's time for her to go and learn new things :)
yeah,hope she can still remember some sign langauge when we don't meet up so often.

Anonymous said...

ya, very sad and will miss her as good buddy if i were u. Why don't u join her new company? hee...