Life is full of ups and downs in the world but you still have to be happy no matter what...Just leave your worries to God and He will take care of them for you.
Friday, October 13, 2006
Kazu's behaviour
Last tuesday,my elder sister accompanied me to bring Kazu to clinic for his last jab appointment.The paedictrian tried to call Kazu a few times but he ignored her but he focused on playing with shapes.After a while,he looked at her up and smiled when he feels like it.So my elder sis explained that Kazu is like that.Some of my family members called him but sometimes,he ignored them or sometimes pay attention to them.On other hand,he is slow in speeches and response and the paedictrian said that by 18 months old,should have many words,not less words.However,he still knows some sign languages like dog,cat,bear,drink,milk,etc.Oh,no...I am deaf parent and it's not easy for me to talk to Kazu by voice.What's more,he has not called me "mama" yet!He knows sign language "mum or dad".He knows how to say "kor kor" (brother) cuz' he always hear from other neighour who always call him "kor kor".Oh,no...My family members will help to train him to talk to him more.She asked elder sister if kazu likes to repeat spinning or opening/closing the door but Kazu did not repeat but he just follow music on TV and will dance and spin for a while.So he is normal.However,Kazu needs to learn socialise with other kids at my church.He did not mix with other kids but likes to play on own only or with me.It's not good sign.He is still young.Perhaps,I need to explain to him but I have to get someone to talk to him.The paedictrian advises me to watch his behaviour for next 6 months before he turns 2 years old.If it's not good sign,let paedictrian know immediately.She suspected that it could be austim but still not confirmed yet.I am abit worried but I trust God who will take care of everything and He makes plans for us.Hope everthing will be okay :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Honey and singaporean friends,
when I was learning that our paedictrian told my wife and my sister in law that My son may be austim. I told my wife, I wondered if paedictrian was doing studying at Deafies parents with hearing child. that's my question. I believe that She don't know about deafness at all. how do I know? When I was alittle worrying about my son who was sick in 2005. My parents in law and me were visiting paedictrian, who was talking to my parent in law more and not me. I was almost out of burst. Because I had a right to know what s going on about my son's sickness. The paedictrian was really rude to me. I was really pissed off at her(paedictrian). I felt that she is not professional paedictrian. what a stink Paedictrian?! SIGH! next time, I hope, she will respect me as a Deaf!
hi sis,
mum juz told me d other day tat 1 of her fren's grandson also stil dunno how to call 'mum' n 'dad', he's also about kazu's age.also d other day when i bring jis to a children clinic, there's a boy about kazu's age also stil dun talk very much. so i guess mayb boys r slower?
or mayb u might like to seek 2nd opinion wz another paedetrician?
anyway,juz give him somemore time...dun hv to worry too much. :-)
kazu is much better than my ex-colleague's son did not call "mummy" and other words yet when he was already 2 years old who is few months older than Ranen! Most children have different individuals of growing development, some slower, some faster. But they are still same normal when they grow older. Yup, kenichi is right some paedetricians are not aware of hearing children who have deaf parents. With your parents and your siblings, they can help to train him to speak more words, u should have no problem. I don't think kazu may be austim cos the signs of austim is different from his behaviour cos i often see kazu almost every week. May God's blessing be always with him whatever he is doing! Do not worry!
Post a Comment