Friday, April 21, 2006

Mister Singapore 2006

Congrats to Terence Lew for being 1st deaf partpicating in this competition!Hope that he can make it in the finals and bring us glory!Please give your support by voting him.http://www.mistersingapore.org/mistersingapore/Contestants/contestants-Bedokpage2006.htm

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

darn it... it is supposed to be my first post :P wendy thanks... my cheeky ad: "Vote me many times and I will make Singapore a deaf friendly center!" LOL! Only if I win and make the point of misconception that deafs cannot do anything! Karen, thanks for your support as well, I would like to write further as it reach to your friends easier.

For whose do not have little time to read press releases, here the a example of press release:

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2006/4/prweb370258.htm

but the writer need to be educated more. The word mute is a bit sensitive...sigh... I scolded him anyway:P anyway the writer told me: "Btw, I checked the international press release this morning and it was disrtibuted to almost 170,000 media outlets and editors world wide. You are
now world famous:)"

I am saying, huh? He is screwing me up more by the word mute! but no choice liao... it seems win-win situation to let world know singapore is also changing its perpective that it is accepting deafs slowly. if only he did not put mute but only deaf instead, it will be much better.

17 May 2006(Wednesday)
DXO (Esplanade)
10pm
$18 per pair with 2 free drinks

It is a opening show and most 2nd important for scoring for evening wear, swim wear and interview to be into account for Top 10 to be released in May 20.

20 May 2006 (Saturday)
Pavillion (Far East Square)
7pm
$25 per pair with 2 goodie bags from sponsors

It is a final event for Top 24 like Miss Universe Singapore with live scores with video of individual guys. The score will be on floor or wall and we are not supposed to look at otherwise we will be scolded. It is very tense for Top 10 and eventually Top 5 then tough questions. Of course not forgetting 9 titles.

JABS WATERBOYS SWIMWEAR AND FITNESS AWARD – A Jabs Waterboys fashion swimwear wardrobe valued at $ 718, a one-year modeling contract and a Galen & Liang trophy valued at $ 500 trophy from NewUrbanMale.com awarded to the winner of the Jabs Waterboys Swimwear and Fitness Competition.

BRAZILIANO PRAIA BEACH ACTION AWARD – A Braziliano Praia footwear wardrobe valued at $ 478, a one-year modeling contract and a Galen & Liang trophy valued at $ 500 from NewUrbanMale.com awarded to the winner of the Braziliano Praia Beach Action title.

NUM AMBASSADOR – A $ 500.00 shopping spree at NewUrbanMale.com, a one-year modeling contract and a Galen & Liang trophy valued at $ 500 trophy from NewUrbanMale.com awarded to the contestant chosen as NUM Ambassador.

ONE MEN SHOW PHOTOGENIC AWARD – A personal CD Rom and video reel valued at $ 500 and a Galen & Liang trophy valued at $ 500 from One Men Show awarded to the contestant voted on and selected by the public as most photogenic via MisterSingapore.Org.

ONE MEN SHOW MOST PROMISING STAR AWARD – A personal CD Rom and video reel valued at $ 500 and a Galen & Liang trophy valued at $ 500 from One Men Show awarded to the contestant voted on and selected by the public as most star quality via MisterSingapore.Org.

NEWMENS AMBASSADOR AWARD – A $ 500.00 shopping spree at NewMens and a Galen & Liang trophy valued at $ 500 from NewMens awarded to the best groomed contestant with an emphasize on good, healthy skin.

THOMAS D'ESTHETIQUE FACE AWARD – A $ 1,000 skin and body care services at Thomas D'Esthetique and a Galen & Liang trophy valued at $ 500 from Thomas D'Esthetique given out to the winner of the Thomas D'Esthetique Face award.

MSO CONGENIALITY AWARD – A $ 300 cash prize and a Galen & Liang trophy valued at $ 500 from the Mister Singapore Organization awarded to the contestant selected by his fellow contestants as the most congenial, charismatic and inspirational.

CRITICAL BEAUTY AWARD – A US$ 500 cash prize, official CRITICAL BEAUTY AWARD sash and a commemorative certificate from CriticalBeauty.com awarded to the contestant with the winning essay on animal abuse awareness and prevention. (PS: I hate to write a essay!)

-----------------------------------

The voting website is meant for Mr Photogenic and Mr Promising Star by public.

For me, I just hope I can win Mr Congeniality because I made a lot of efforts in teaching most contestants sign language! :P Thick skinned huh?

For added information for those who cannot make it on 17 May or 20 May due to committments, you can simply come down on:

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The MISTER SINGAPORE 2006 contestants will be modeling the latest swimwear and beach wear apparel from NewUrbanMale.com at Thumper Club at 10 p.m.

Saturday, May 6, 2006

The MISTER SINGAPORE 2006 contestants will be modeling the latest swimwear and beach wear apparel from NewUrbanMale.com at Citylink Mall at 3 p.m..

Hope my information is helpful and I will be delighted if I see some of my deaf friends here to cheer me up and calm me down for stage fright.

Lastly, vote me many times as you can at: http://www.mistersingapore.org/mistersingapore/Contestants/contestants-text.htm#vote2006

Love you tons! I wish Kenchi is here to support me. It is quite sad... "-"

Nervous Terence

Anonymous said...

hey terence, really can vote u many times as i can, even millions times? my hands will get ached after entering my choice for u millions times!

wow so many events to attend for competition? isn't 6 May for polling day? Maybe after our polling day, we will go over to citylink mall to give u our supports! REMEMBER not to get nervous otherwise u will lose out!

Anonymous said...

White rabbit! You are indeed sweet! LOL! :) To save your time, just click back button twice and see what it look like :P

6 May is polling day! Yeah. By the way, are you free with raymond on 17 May? Also applies on Diana and Moses as well as Joyin!

I will not be nervous but I worry I will fall on stage like Sandra Bullocks in Miss Congentiality.

Terence

wright-karen said...

Hi,terry!Thanks for your all info.I wish to go there and give you my support but all the dates are wrong time :( as for 17th May,I might not be going cuz' it's too late for me to go home.kazu always waits for me to sleep together.However,i had done my support to give you by voting you many times online!:)

Anonymous said...

Handsome Terry,
I consider you already as a Mister of Singapore because you are chosen in the competition,though the closing results are not out :))
Call me along when our friends are going to support you.I will be always there for you. Be confident-looking,man.
Cheers,cheers,cheers for you !!
-joysurf

Anonymous said...

So cool to see your nice photo.Try to be a HOT HOT HOT in front of the judges,public and us.
For your note,I won't be there to support you on 6th May cos my whole family and I are out of town.17th May's possible.Please wait for my call.I need to discuss it with Moses:)-Diana

Anonymous said...

Karen, what about 20 May? :)

I am in midst of confirming tickets. lol

Anonymous said...

Joyin, you are so naughty but I love it. You already motivated me a lot! :) Thanks!

Diana, you can take your time :)

For 6 May, you can meet Lina and Wendy and they look fresh.

For 17 May, you can still meet Lina and Wendy and they look more tired.

For 20 May, you can still meet MEGA TIRED LINA AND WENDY WHO LOSE THEIR VOICES SCREAMING FOR ME :P

Julie and Bernard, you can be invited in 17 May if you r free too.

I only can invite up to 8 persons from my friends where are in Karen's group.

wright-karen said...

terry,you mean we can go there to get free tickets through you?hee...yes,i know that lina and wendy have to be there otherwise what a friend they are to you! hee.I believe that they will make biggest poster to show and make alot of noise!

Anonymous said...

i dunno but depends on lina and wendy if they make cute poster for me lol but i love them tons :)

organiser sucks as he ask all contestants to sell tickets but i understand coz it cover events and sponsors etc etc... sob sob...

terence

Anonymous said...

Hi Terence, I don't know you, but i really hoped that you will create a history for the deaf in Singapore. Just like Kevlin the blind guy, he had made a unforgetable history for the blind. Believed you have great supporters here *wink* All the best and May God bless you richly :)

Anonymous said...

terry, 17 May falls on wrong time, 10 pm is quite late. But we will definitely come to support u on 6 May to see all your fresh faces on the first day! - much better!

haa...no worries u won't fall on the stage like Sandra Bullocks in Miss Congentiality cos u are not wearing high heels shoes, lah!

Anonymous said...

hi jeren, lol... realistically i do not want to be labelled like kelvin the blind boy but i will work harder to win to give pride for deaf community. thanks a lot! :) u r sweet!

carolyn, hmm... 6 May is a just like a catwalk showing NUM clothes (sponsors). u can not make it in 20 May with raymond if i assume?

cheers! :P

terence

Anonymous said...

terence,we apologise not to attend cos moses said time's late.anyway,u have many supporters to watch u:)/diana

Anonymous said...

lol.. diana ok then :) if u want 20 may let me know...

winks
terence

Anonymous said...

Ur tone sound like David Gan's. Such kind of sugary words you and others use on one another give me goosebumps.

I wonder if there is any live show on TV on those days?

Anonymous said...

oh yes, i forgot to say that I noticed most of guys looked like gays.

Anonymous said...

hey, terence, i read through the article. Have you got 6 pack abs ready for the contest?

Anonymous said...

hmm... who wrote a bit "silly" words based on 2 last comments... any idea? i want to strangle him/her...

it is not motivating...argghh but i do not care what people say as long as i try my best...:) at least i made it.

sad terence

wright-karen said...

terence,no idea who wrote this comment but just ignore this person.Focus on your own whatever!Cheers!

Anonymous said...

i feel it is a bit non-impartial to vote for any contestant. My personal opinion is, one vote is for one contestant so that there is a fair contest. What do you think?

Anonymous said...

sally, i agree with you for one vote for one contestant per day but it is just that there is no security coding in the end.

thank you for your support.

Anonymous said...

hi terence, how was your contest so far?